Department of Management, Business and Tourism
Head of the Department
Arzik Suvaryan, Doctor of Economics, Professor
Our Scientific Pursuits
- contemporary issues of strategic and corporate governance
- development of public administration systems based on comprehensive assessment of the current political and economic processes
- development of a training system for young scientists
- scientific research promotion and business contacts network expansion
- organizational and technological issues of service and tourism
- competitiveness and sustainable tourism destination
- tourism products creation, advertising and promotion
- competitive ability of Armenia in the international tourism market
Department provides fundamental, methodical and applied scientific research as an integral part of the educational process. Department organizes the following scientific seminars: "Modern Issues of Strategic and Corporate Governance" and "Issues of Public Administration Development” on a regular basis. Particular attention is paid to the involvement of undergraduate and graduate students in scientific work on theoretical and practical issues as well as their participation in the Student Scientific Society RAD activities.
Through undergraduate and graduate programs, students acquire diverse professional competence in tourism and service, production and technologies, design and management, so that they quickly integrate into tourism workplace settings.
International and Local Cooperation
The Department cooperates with many Armenian and Russian universities. We also work in cooperation with leading travel, hotel and restaurant organizations, where students have the chance to acquire academic, industrial and practical skills. To improve practical skills and at the same time develop creativity and awareness of the social importance of the profession, students are encouraged to get involved in additional activities: tours and events aimed to preserve cultural and historical monuments.