INSTITUTE OF BIOMEDICINE AND PHARMACY
As a separate Institute, RAU Institute of Biomedicine and Pharmacy was established in 2018. It comprises Department of Bioengineering, Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology, Department of General and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biotechnology.
Graduate programs (one-cycle)
Medical Biochemistry (One-Cycle Program)*
Pharmacy (One-Cycle Program)*
Bioengineering and Bioinformatics (One-Cycle Program)*
Our graduate and postgraduate courses are tailored to give the students an advanced understanding of bio-medical, pharmaceutical and agricultural fields.
Under the guidance of Arsen Arakelyan, Ph.D. who successfully combines leadership roles in research and education as Director of the Institute of Molecular Biology at RA National Academy of Sciences and Director of RAU Institute of Biomedicine and Pharmacy, the students gain theoretical background, learn about modern research trends and methods in biomedical sciences, as well as cross-disciplinary approaches that embrace technology and biological sciences.
At RAU Institute of Biomedicine and Pharmacy, we
- ensure a comprehensive and continuous approach to learning from graduate and onward to post-graduation courses
- invite Armenia’s best researchers and instructors to lecture at our Departments
- provide the students with constant opportunities for professional growth
- Laboratory of Analytical Biochemistry and Biotechnology
- Laboratory of Structural Bioinformatics
- Laboratory of Biomedical Genomics
*In Armenia there are academic programs, upon graduation of which one obtains a diploma of "certified specialist". The degree combines both BA and MA degrees. The degree is accomplished upon 5 or 6 years of studies.