Arman Deghoyan shares his success story about his study trip to Linnaeus University in Sweden
1. What was the brightest memory from study abroad experience you had?
I have had many unforgettable memories during my Erasmus life in Sweden, but if I were to choose the most amazing ones, I would prefer my Lapland trip, which included swimming in Arctic Ocean, Huskies Ride and following the Northern Lights with your own eyes. Also, Erasmus gave me opportunity to travel a lot during my academic semester and I managed to visit France and watch famous tennis tournament Roland Garros. Also, I have been in Finland, Poland, Chech Republic, Denmark and Norway.
2. What was your biggest challenge/difficulty during the mobility?
I think I managed to overtake all the Erasmus difficulties I have had during my academic semester, but the only think that was really hard for me was to adapt to Swedish education system which was significantly different when compared with education system in Armenia. The most evident difference was, for example, in Sweden and I guess in Europe overall the education system is self-oriented whereas in Armenia is mainly teacher-oriented.
3. Name 3 main skills you acquired in the result of the mobility.
1. Enhance my academic background. 2. Understand and communicate with many people from various cultures. 3. Learn to cook different tasty dishes myself during my stay in dormitory and have an experience of living alone. 4. Save money and organize trips to different countries in Europe by myself.
4. What is one thing you love most about RAU and what would you like to improve?
The thing I really like in our Russian-Armenian University is the educational system because I did not like self-oriented studies.
However, I would rather study around 4 to 5 subjects during one semester as in Sweden, since I think it is more effective and productive.
5. What would you recommend to the prospective mobility participants going abroad?
Whenever you have opportunity to do Erasmus, do not hesitate and go for it. Make a lot of friends so that they can host you or just welcome you in their own country. Travel as much as you can and do not concentrate only on your academic studies.