TITLE: Promoting quality and recognition of transnational education in Armenia and Georgia
REQUESTED GRANT: 913,937.17 EUR
CONTRACT DURATION: 36 months
DESCRIPTION: TNE_QA (PROMOTING QUALITY AND RECOGNITION OF TRANSNATIONAL EDUCATION IN ARMENIA AND GEORGIA) is a three-year multi-country project, under the priority of Governance Reform, EACEA N° 35/2012, 6th call, National Priorities and Structural Measures action.
The wider objective is to enhance quality, and promote regulation and recognition of transnational education provisions in Armenia and Georgia through establishing internal Higher Education Instituteions (HEIs) and external (EQA) quality assurance mechanisms in line with OECD/UNESCO guidelines.
The specific objectives target at:
• Building on the capacity of the Armenian and Georgian HEIs and external quality assurance bodies to effectively manage quality assurance of TNE
• Developing and integrating quality assurance mechanisms at the institutions that provide transnational education
• Developing and integrating quality assurance standards and procedures for external quality assurance systems to effectively manage the quality assurance procedures at universities providing TNE
• Ensuring regulation, quality assurance and recognition of TNE provisions in Armenia and Georgia.
The principle outcomes and outputs include:
• Well-prepared staff at HEIs and EQA agency/Ministry to provide quality assurance
• Established/revised functions of IQA units at HEIs
• Nation wide standards, procedures, indicators and benchmarks for external quality assurance of TNE providers in Armenia and Georgia
• Institution-wide internal quality assurance Procedures Handbook for HEIs in Armenia and Georgia
• Legitimate and sustainable quality assurance system piloted and operationalized in Armenia and Georgia.
The HEIs are from the Eastern European Neighborhood – Armenia and Georgia. It will allow deeper understanding of the needs of developing systems and customization to specific country and institutions priorities. The EU partners- QAA UK, BSU, USI, UJM, IIEP (UNESCO), EFMD, AMU - bring in the richness of experience in TNE quality assurance.
Project brochure with other details of the Project can be found here.
COORDINATOR: “French University in Armenia”, Foundation
David Anhaght, 10
Yerevan 0037, AM
Phone: 00 374 10 24 96 48
Fax: 00 374 10 24 96 45
Internet site address: http://ufar.am
CONTACT: Dr. Navoyan Araik
INVOLVED PARTNER COUNTRIES’ INSTITUTIONS:
The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education, UK
Education Quality, AM
Universite Jean Moulin Lyon 3, FR
Universität Siegen, DE
International Institution for Educational Planning, FR
European Foundation for Management Development, BE
“American University of Armenia” Foundation, AM
Russian-Armenian (Slavonic) University, AM
National Center for Professional Education QA Foundation, AM
Ministry of Education and Science of Republic of Armenia, AM
Caucasus University, GE
Akaki Tsereteli State University, GE
Batumi State Maritime Academy, GE
International Institute for Education Policy, Planning and Man, GE
Ministry of Education and Science in Georgia, GE
Aix-Marseille University, FR
Bath Spa University, UK